Thursday, March 25, 2010

Home from Montreal & Birthday Celebrations!


Well Nathan and I arrived home last night from a 4 day trip to Montreal. It was a bit of a whirlwind! We had 2 days of doctors appointments and then 2 days of travel! So unfortunately it left very little time for shopping and enjoying the city. We had all good news! (That doesn't happen very often) Nathan's bone density has increased an icredible 9.5% in the last year, which is huge! His strength is increasing significantly and he does not need hip surgery this year! Hooray! We met some lovely families this trip to the hospital all with children with brittle bone disease. One family in paticular really encouraged me this trip and I hope to keep in touch with them as they were a wealth of knowledge and seem to be living for the Lord!

We are waiting for a refferal from the special needs list, we are still holding out that Xue Ying (Addison) will show up on the list but we haven't been given much hope that she will show up. We have been told we are near the top of the list for refferal, hopefully next month will be our month to see who God has wanted to place in our home! I trust him and his will, wherever that leads us.

Today is Nate's birthday! He is our oldest and he turns 11 today! I feel like I blinked and now he is in Grade 5! He has been such a blessing in our lives. We have seen him through many health issues and somehow he still seems to keep a positive attitude and sense of humor. Had someone told me before Nate was born that he would have brittle bone disease, I would have said I could never do it......but we don't know what we are truly capable of. I am so thankful that God blessed Howard and I with Nathan, he has changed our lives for the better! I am a better Mother, Wife, Friend and Person because of Nathan. I don't know if we would have accepted Jesus as our personal saviour if we hadn't had Nate. He changed the course of our lives, and for that I will forever be grateful. So Happy 11th Birthday my beautiful, funny, stuborn, strong, music loving son!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! I am glad all went well and enjoy your celebrations! I look forward to seeing who you are matched with as well. And I hope it will be next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim!!! Would you believe, we both have boys who turned 11 on March 25th! I can't get over that! How precious your Nathan is. Thank you for blessing me with your comments...the only one sometimes! :0) I'm so excited for your referral. God has your little one waiting in the the wings for all of that love you've been waiting to pour out! Glory! Love you so much!
    -Gina

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations