Thursday, August 5, 2010

Almost One Month With Us!

Wow on Monday Addison will have been with us for one month! Where has the time gone? The last 2 months have been like a whirlwind! We are feeling so blessed to have all of our children safe and at home with us. Addison is doing well....although looking at the pictures I have added to this post, I noticed she still has a sadness/fear in her eyes. We have seen such a blossoming of her personality in the last week! I believe she is really enjoying our routine. The last 4 days she hasn't cried when it was bedtime or nap time, she is happy to snuggle with me and falls asleep within 5minutes at nap time and 40 minutes at bedtime. I have to say I look forward to that alone time with her, when things are quiet and she can just slowdown and cuddle :) That being said Addison is a busy busy girl! She is into everything.... I am beginning to wonder if I forgot what having a 2 yr old was like, or if Addison is just extra busy :) We are still working on the hitting and biting, I think things are beginning to improve on that front! She has started to think before she hauls off and whacks someone! So I believe that is progress :) Riley and Addison are still getting along quite well. And the boys are just so busy that we hardly see them! Howard had to go into work for meetings yesterday and today....unfortunately the company that his company was contracted to work for has been sold to another company, which means the new guys want things to been done on a different schedule, and what the means for us is that Howard will probably be heading back to work next week. Neither of us are happy about this turn of events, but what can we do? I feel so blessed that we had Howard home for over a month, and we aren't even sick of each other yet ;) Addison was a little out of sorts yesterday with Howard gone for the first time....I wish I would have video taped the squeals of delight from all the kids when he stepped in the door at dinner time! It was priceless! On the whole I think things are going well, Addison is settling in and beginning to trust us more and more each day. I think things have really sunk in for her though, as we haven't seen the joyful fun loving girl as much throughout the day as we have in the past. I know its just a matter of time, love and patience and we will see Addison really shine. Her sleep issues seem to be resolving as she is sleeping through the night, which is a huge treat! All I know is that I love her to bits and pieces and she is so precious to our family, we could not imagine life without her!

Sisterly love! I am so glad the girls have each other. I couldn't imagine my life without my sister!

Sleeping beauty... there is nothing like looking at a sleeping child.

All ready for the day!


Addy watching Riley riding her two wheeler. Very serious business...watching the kids! And oh goodness that hair! I am sure we will be going through some crazy hair stages as we grow it out!



Addison loves this hair pretty....I have to hide it or she would wear it everday, in the bath, to bed...well you get the picture!





2 comments:

  1. Love that bow! And she has great thick hair... I am still waiting for Lilah's to thicken! Dressed in MJ I see.... those are some stylin' little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cutie she is....welcome home! Your dughter is beautiful! I noticed today someone posted about the little girl with BBD

    http://www.ourhappilyeverafterstory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations