Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back to School!

Usually I am sad to see the kids go back to school....however this year I am grateful to be back to some sort of a structured routine! We had a wonderful end of summer most of it just laying low and letting Addison get really comfortable with us and her new surroundings. That I think was the one thing that most been there done that adoptive Mom's told me was the thing they wished they had done more of or was glad they had done. I totally agree! Addison loves to come home when we have been out and you can see her visibly relax once we pull into the driveway! I'm sure the other kids wished we would have had a more exciting summer, and really I can't blame them! I guess we will just have to make that a priority for next summer :0)

So as I said Addy is doing so well! Her language skills are expanding everyday, she is loving the little routine we have and I think flourishing in our family! Last night she even did a #2 on the potty!!! Yay! I still think we are a few months away from being fully potty trained, its really not even a priority right now, but if she asks for the potty I will certainly take her ;) I just can't get over how blessed we are! We have 4 amazing, wonderful, loving and beautiful children. I have no doubt in my mind that God intended Addison to be our little girl! And that fact just boggles my mind! She wakes up with such a joyful little smile singing morning, morning, morning! I can`t help but feel happy as well! She is such a little doll! The little smurf has been packing away the food and has gained 4 pounds! Maybe we have hope for those 12 month size leggings to stay up, after all!!! She is sleeping like a champ, and really enjoying her siblings for the most part. She is such an amazing gift!

The rest of the kids have mixed feelings on going back to school. Nathan would rather stay home, Josh is looking forward to recess and Gym, and Riley can barely contain herself until the first day of Kindergarten on Friday!

We are making plans with some of our friends, for an Autumn Moon Festival party. I thinks we will host it here at our house and have some great food and fellowship! There are now 3 little girls under the age of 3 in our community who have been adopted from China, and we love both of the other families, so hopefully it will be easy to keep the girls connected as they grow up!

I added a few pictures of the kids from this morning, although now it is nearly impossible to get everyone looking at the camera! I am hoping to be able to blog more regularly now that we are back to the old routine of school and afternoon naps :0)

Gosh, I love these little munchkins! I really need to paint my steps & front door!!!



2 comments:

  1. Good to see you blogging again... I am glad all is going well and that Addie is adjusting to her new life with your family.

    It is great that there are other families near you with girls about the same age. That will be great for her to grow up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little munchkin looks so tiny when she is alongside her brothers and sister! :)

    It will be SO nice now for you to have lots of one on one time. I also know what you mean about her visable being relaxed at your own home. Honestly, it's taken to now, 1 year and 8 months later, our girl has finally spread her wings, she's flying, she's dancing to her own beat. It is beautiful to sit back and watch. And in all honesty I would have said she was adjusted 6 months ago, 12 months ago even. But when I see her now...I know it's taken this long for her to find herself and be herself, her true self.

    God is good.
    Jill

    PS - Thanks for the comment regarding my granda's passing. Your kind words brought me much comfort.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations