Monday, September 6, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten!







How does time fly so fast!?! I remember when Miss Riley-roo was born....it feels like yesterday! Now she is in Kindergarten!!!! Riley had her first day on Friday, it all started well....then I ran into a Mom of a little girl who is new to our church and wanted to say hello. Bad choice! Had I left right away she would have been fine, however the stress of everything new was too much for Miss Roo and she started to cry, and beg me to take her home. It was one of those hard things we have to do as a Mom I had to paste on a smile and console my sobbing 5 year old as I tried not to cry myself :) Riley teacher was amazing and took my sweet little girl under her wing as I quickly as possible headed for the door! Riley of course had a wonderful day and seconds later as we were passing the windows of her class, I could see she had already stopped crying. I know she is going to have a fabulous year and can't wait to see as she blossoms into a more independent girl! As much as I want to keep her at home and protect her, I know this is the job as a Mom to encourage them to use their wings so they can soar!!! But does it have to be so hard on our hearts!?! I love her to bits! Sigh, my sweet little Kindergartner!

2 comments:

  1. It never gets easier!!! Putting my daughter into high school felt the same way... although she didn't cry when I left her at the door!

    The girls look so sweet in their cute outfits and big bows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little Riley Roo has the most beautiful hair. I'm sure she is loving this new 'big girl' status - even though you just left your heart at kindergarten.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations