Sunday, September 26, 2010

Autumn Moon Festival Dinner



We had a wonderful evening. All the 12 kids behaved really well. We had more than enough food! And we had great fellowship with lots of laughs
Our Menu
  • Homade Pork Dumplings
  • Fried Rice
  • Sweet and Sour Chicken
  • Ginger Garlic Green Beans
  • Kung Pao Chicken
  • Asian Noodle Salad
  • Green Onion Cakes
  • Asian Pulled Pork
  • Garlic Sauted Veggies
  • Thumbprint Cookies
  • Moon Shape Sugar Cookies
  • Sour Grinch Martinis :0)

We were stuffed! Our dear friends Vince and Trina came with their 4 kids. They had my kids overnight for the 2 nights before we came home from China. Trina is one of my bestfriends, and I could never have pulled off last night without her. They also adopted their beautiful daughter Mei almost 2 years ago from China. They were our encouragement and support while we were waiting for Addison. Also our travel buddies Jon and Kristin and their 4 kids came, Jon and Kristin were in our travel group and Kyla and Addison have a special bond. They also attend our church and have wonderful helpful kids.

It was a busy night, but a fun night. As I have said before hopefully this will become a tradition for our families. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful group of families to support and lift up one another.

3 comments:

  1. You really are blessed to have such a connection with these families! Especially in such a small town... The food sounds wonderful and I love the moon shaped cookies. Great way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to celebrate, with friends! And ALL the children too, goodness, they must have had a blast together!

    That menu is making my mouth water. Good for you cooking yourselves. We always go out but on a few occasions I've thought I should try cooking Chinese food myself. Jaden @ Jaden's Steamy Kitchen posts some great Chinese/Asian recipes. I really must try a few out. Thanks for spurring me on!

    Happy Mid-Autumn Moon Festival.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed... I just this week cooked my first authentic Chinese dish - without help - just! this! week! I love that y'all get together for this holiday every year. Our local group only does CNY and I would really like to somehow incorporate a Moon Festival celebration.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations