Saturday, September 11, 2010

Quiet Time


Howard and all of the kids have stepped out for about an hour.....and I get some quiet time! I love,love,love being a mom, I like being busy with the day to day, ins and outs of a family of six. However a little bit of Mom quiet time is so sweet!


I have totally neglected my little blog and I am bummed, because we have had alot of first going on around here and I wanted to document them. I am hoping I will become a little more regular with the blog posts!


Our family is hosting the Autumn Moon Festival dinner at our house this year. I think we will have about 21 people coming for dinner and fellowship. 13 of those people being children! I have decided to do this as a potluck, each of the families will bring two "Chinese" dishes. I am in the process of learning how to make the perfect dumpling.....they never look as good as the ones we tried in China, although I think I have found a filling we really like! Also last year we made thumbprint cookies instead of mooncakes....because mooncakes aren't the tastiest confection! The cookies were a hit, and very easy to make and easy is important when you are entertaining 21 people! I think this should be a blast, and hopefully it will become a tradition for all of our families.


Things are going along well, Addison is falling into a nice school routine. Although she was quite miffed that there wasn't a cubby and shoes for her at Kindergarten!!! She kept frowning, with her arms crossed and stomping her foot! It took all my self discipline not to laugh at her :) She is doing really well and the last two times she has woken from a nap she hasn't cried!!! She just called out for me, with a big smile on her face. Its so nice to see her becoming more relaxed as each day passes!


Well the troops are home, time to go!


2 comments:

  1. What an awesome capture of your beautiful Addison girl. I would probably have snorted out laughing, she is too funny! Good news she is waking up without crying, that's a big big step for your brave girl.

    Yes indeed, you need to get back to blogging, I miss your frequent posts.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute picture! I am glad things are going so well and you are getting into a good routine.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations