Thursday, March 3, 2011

Yummy Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins


Ok I said in the last post that I would share this recipe. All of my kids love these, and really so do Howard and I. The best part are that they are only 150 calories and 6g fat per regular sized muffin! That is in comparison to 600 calories and 30g fat in a coffee shop muffin! My kids can make these tender little morsels disappear in record time! So I would suggest doubling the recipe. They are moist and delish with coffee. ;)
3/4 cups of bananas, mashed

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1 egg

1 tsp. vanilla

1 cup all purpose flour

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt

1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips.


Preheat oven 375F Spray 12 muffin cups with vegetable oil.


Using electric mixer, beat together bananas, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl until well mixed.


In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir the banana and flour mixture together. Stir in the yogurt. Fold in the chocolate chips.


Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups and bake 15 minutes or until done.

2 comments:

  1. I think I will try them today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through "Lilah Grace" ...this recipie looks yummy...and for someone on Weight Watchers , looks extra yummy! Debbie

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations