Tuesday, March 1, 2011

In like a lion out like a lamb?


SMILE!?!



We are again in the throes of winter! Like -45 with windchill!!!! I made the executive decision to keep all the kids home today......really shouldn't the world stop when its that cold out!?! We are hunkered down playing board games and the girls and I are going to make some banana chocolate chip muffins this afternoon. I might share the recipe later this week on the blog, my kids love them and they are low fat and low in sugar!




I am so very ready for real spring.....not a teaser. Only 6 more weeks and the snow should be gone!




Nate and I fly out on Sunday for a week of doctor appointments and his IV treatment in Montreal. :) I am really looking forward to going, it looks like the weather is ALOT warmer out that way. Nathan is excited to do some shopping and just have some one on one with me! (His words) I was a little surprised to hear him say that! And really lets be honest since Howard was gone for 34 days, leaving me with 4 children to parent. A week of one child will feel like a vacation! :) Nathan's leg seems to be getting better everyday, he started weight barring last week and now he is walking short distances! Yay!




Howard came home last week for four days. It was unbelievable how much we all missed him! Addison struggled a bit at first, which I totally expected. It was like she needed to test him. I guess her Baba passed the test because within 24 hours she was back to her regular self. Howard will arrive home Saturday night to stay with our 3 youngest munchkins when Nate and I are away. (This is the first time I will be away from Addison.) And then he will head back on the following Saturday. We are planning an early surprise party for Nathan at a local hotel pool for him and his buddies on Friday! Howard will be gone for most of the Spring. Legally he can't work more than 24 days and then has to have 4 days off......so that is what our lives will be until the end of April.......we think!?! Hopefully we all survive! lol! I know lots of families that live like this........but I really like my husband! And parenting 4 kids by myself is very very hard! I must not be made out of the same tough cloth. We are planning a vacation at the end of April for 2 weeks (that's the only way I can guarantee to have Howard home!) I am hoping we can have Addy's treatment decision made by the time we leave (April 26th) We also hope that this summer Howard will be home alot because he was so busy this winter/spring. I just have to keep remembering this is just a season and it will soon change. :)




Addison is doing really well! She seems really healthy and is as sassy as ever! lol! We have seen some regression in some areas, but with the stress of her diagnosis and Howard being away so much, of course we would see that. I am trying to just give her alot of attention and one on one. Which definitely creates a problem with Riley as she then feels left out! I am trying to find activities I can do with both my girls so they feel their love tanks are full. :)




I have made a promise to myself to have a baby sitter come in once a week, so I can have some Me time. Whether I feel like it or not! Tonight is that night! My bestfriend and I are heading out in the freezing cold to see a movie. I am blessed to have friends who love me enough to force me to get out! :)




So things are going well in our neck of the woods! Praying for warmer weather! And trying to find new activities we can do at home to keep the troops busy. :)

3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your one on one time with your son in Montreal, taking care of one child sounds like it will be a walk in the park! Hoping spring is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a fabulous smile.

    I don't know how you do it with your hubby gone so long. That is just crazy! Really. You will need a break you poor girl.

    I am praying for Spring too, so if we all pray maybe it'll happen! :)

    Take care and enjoy your night out. You SO deserve it!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO great to get caught up on all that is going on up there in the cold world! Addison is such a doll and so hoping you have a ball our with your friend!!!
    Blessings and joy!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations