Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sweet Addie Update


Well, we are making plans to Skye with Addison and the Wyse family next week. I am very excited! I guess our girl has blossomed into a joyful, smiley, exuberant little one! She is now sitting up all on her own!!! She has no interest in trying to stand or walk, but Nathan waited until he was 15 or 16 mos old to walk as well, and we were doing tonnes of water therapy etc. as soon as he was diagnosed, so I am sure that helped him. Poor Addie hasn't had any of that, so rightly so she will be a little behind with these milestones. Keith informed me that they have moved Addison out of their private home and into the foster home. I was a little surprised and saddened to hear that, but I understand having a baby is time consuming, and they are very busy people. I am just sad to hear she is being jostled around to different homes, as it may effect her attachment and trust in us once she comes home. Apparently the nannies and older girls in the foster home are head over heals in love with her and she is still being doted on. I know that God knows all and sees all, and this is part of his good plan for her and our family. I know I want this journey to be his will not mine, BUT.....we want to show her love, hope, faith, understanding, family and trust. How long must we wait? I am sure once we get her referral everything will move so quickly that I'll will not remember how hard this waiting was! I was okay with the wait when we didn't know who the Lord had planned for us, its the knowing who she is and that she is getting older by the minute that is difficult. Listen to me! When there are families whom have waited almost 4years for their referral!!!! I am thankful, beyond thankful that He has chosen us for this purpose! We are so very blessed! And I DO trust his good and perfect plan for us! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. She will do great once she is in your care and will thrive! I can hardly wait to hear about the update! How precious these moments are as you wait, and how rare and lucky you are to even have these moments with so much information.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations