Saturday, December 5, 2009

Family Pictures

Whew! That was quite a job getting five of us ready for family pictures! I wonder if there is a rule that says all family photos MUST be stressful for the Mom? These two are the favorites of the shoot, yet still I can find some issues with each of them! What do expect trying to get three kids and two adults looking and smiling at the same time though :)


I loved the kids coordinating outfits this year. Usually I go with the traditional red and black, however Josh loves green and when we saw this line he begged me to do the pictures in green this year :)


This was the first year that Riley didn't freak out and cry at our holiday pictures! I have a tradition of getting the kids pictures done during the holidays, and buying a new pewter frame every holiday that holds a 5X7 we have 5 of them so far and all the previous years picts come out during the holidays for us to display. I much prefer doing this then having school pictures displayed, as I am not a huge fan of the overpriced usually tacky (in our case) school picts. Costco has some beautiful wallet size embellished frames that would be perfect for our holiday pictures, as the 5X7 frames will soon outgrow the cabinet I put them on, and I would like to keep up this tradition until the kids leave home, or when they refuse to have the pictures taken ;)
We also finally set up the Christmas tree since Howard came home, I will post in the next few days with the pictures from that evening. Tonight we have some dear friends coming over for a holiday dinner party I think I'll try to take some picts of tonight as well and post on that later this week as well.

3 comments:

  1. I think they turned out beautifully! And I love the green outfits. It is a lot of work, getting them dressed, clean and happy enough to pose afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful family! I love the green too Josh :0) I giggle when I see you write about what's at Costco Kim ...my hubby works there! Ha! 21 years and counting. Blessings to your sweet fam.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations