Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First Snow!

Well this morning we woke up to a frosting of fresh snow! Yes I said snow. It was absolutely beautiful! The kids woke up and were sooooo excited! It snowed all morning the big fluffy kind of snow flakes, and then melted this afternoon. What all the white stuff made me realize is that I need 3 new pairs of winter boots for my kids and only one needs a new snowsuit. Also I need to organize our "mitten"drawers. So today is the day I go to this wonderful women's book study at another church I love going however this year Riley has decided she doesn't like going to the preschool class that they provide while the Mom's are busy visiting and sharing how they liked/disliked the chapter they read. Well I thought maybe I'd bring Riley with me to see how boring for her it would be to stay with me! The fellowship part she was great colored had a snack and was very well behaved. Then for the small group part she was getting bored. I checked with the class to make sure they were okay with me bringing her in and they "all said yes of course we have all been there. " So I hesitantly brought her along. Well she started to tap a lip gloss on the table and I whispered to her to please stop. She wouldn't of course! :) And then the lady next me took it from her and said "She is really annoying me!" Well I was stunned! I sat there for a minute or two and then decided I should probably leave before the situation escalated and this lady made anymore comments.(And I said something I would later be ashamed of) So I packed up and left. As I was leaving a sweet lady came out after me and said "she just want to say sorry for what that lady said she was so rude, please come back." I thanked her but declined. I was very touched by the women who came out it was so kind of her! And I probably will not go back until Riley is ready to go to class. As for the other women I was a little mad. I started thinking what if I had been new to that church and had no friends or family and my child was really clingy and that was my only adult interaciton I had all week? How would that have affected my attitude towards that church? Its sad. I know we are all humans and we all make mistakes, but please someone when my kids are all teenagers and I have forgotten what its like to have toddlers please remind me to show those young mom's some grace! Sorry about the rant. I just was a little shocked by the whole episode! On another note I am so thankful for my kids I love,love,love them! Even if Riley is going through a clingy stage ;) Thanks for listening to my belly aching :) Here's couple pictures of my munchkins.


How could this little one annoy anyone? She is more precious than gold to me :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations