Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hurray! They've Made Contact!

Oh me oh my I am so relieved! We got news tonight that our agency got ahold of the orphanage! God is good! Addison's profile is being prepared and we should have her official referral "shortly" Okay! so what does shortly mean!?! 1 week? 1 month? Next year? Hopefully they can give us a guesstimate! Apparently Addison is receiving the same medicine our Nathan is on! And it will allow her bones to become stronger and more dense! We were not expecting that so the fact she is on this medication is HUGE! And will drastically change the quality of her life.

I'm not sure what happens next with the adoption referral, I pray things will go smoothly with us receiving the official referral of Addison. To be quite honest I was beginning to doubt that things would work out and my heart was getting weary! It's such an odd thing to fall in love with a picture of a little person whom you don't know, but you know you want wonderful blessings for them! We have had several mix up with phone numbers of the orphanage and we were starting to wonder what was going on!

We're surprised to find out Addie is from the Henan Province, as our dear friends new daughter is from the same province! She was sooo excited, as she was thinking that when the girls get older we could do a heritage trip together! These friends are such encouragers for us and we are so blessed to have them in our lives!

Well I should head off to bed! Friends if we can ask you to please pray that the paperwork will make it's way to our agency (FOI) private list as quickly as possible, for Addison's health, that the Lord will prepare her heart for us, that He will place a hedge of protection around her, that we will have prepared our children at home for Addison, and that they will adjust to having a new sister smoothly! We feel so blessed to know that many of you are praying for us! We are honored to have you all following our journey to our sweet baby girl, and we pray that our journey will truly show how amazing our Father in Heaven IS!

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him. ~Psalm 28:7~

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! What a rollercoaster ride! It is an amazing story and will be an amazing story to tell her someday, how she found her way into your family. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your website thru Threads of Faithfulness - we too are adopting from Henan Province - Hebi City - where in Henan is your little girl from? - best to you,
    Wendy in PA

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations