Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fun With Friends




We had such a wonderful weekend! Saturday was spent having play dates (for Riley) and baking treats for the Mid Autumn Moon Festival. We made our version of moon cakes (thumb print cookies with jam in them) and the kids loved helping out, I think this will be a tradition I would like to carry on with them, the cookies were easy to make and tasty! We also made some pumpkin pie as Nathan hates jam :) And then we packed those up and headed over to our dear friends house. I had put some stuff together to make traditional kung pao chicken and asian style green beans, our friends had made a marinaded chicken dish, appetizers and rice. It was DELICIOUS!!!!! What a treat! Our friends have been home for almost a year now with their beautiful daughter who was born in the Henan province of China. They also have 3 other children close in age to my 3 so it was a full house, but a blast. We finished our evening off with a fire outdoors and dessert admiring the huge beautifully lit moon thinking of our family and friends that couldn't be with us. I wish I had pictures it was such a fun evening full of laughs. Since my camera broke this summer I have been a bit of a slacker with the photos sorry. Hopefully Santa will be bringing me the one I have been hoping for! (wink, wink) We have all been loving the Fall. The weather has certainly changed and it is now cool and crisp! Howard has 4 more 13 hr days and then he will have 4 days off. Hurray! I think the 10 13hr days in a row are really starting to get to him. I know they are getting to me and the kids we miss him and hate only having an hour or two a night with him, however I know we shouldn't complain as there are many people without work. So we feel blessed. I have been very busy with two ladies groups that I attend as well as the families helping families ministry that I facilitate. And soon we will be starting a 5 week small group study on Max Lucado's new book Fearless. I quite looking forward to this study to see how many lives this book will change. On the adoption front we are in waiting mode Waiting for our agency to get ahold of the orphanage director,to secure a referral for little Addison. I have my moments of weakness where I feel that this will never happen or I am crazy to let myself get so excited for this little girl, as so many things could go wrong. However I do trust my heavenly Father and I do know his plans for me are good..... so I wait trying to be patient, trusting that there is a plan and if this is our child everything will fall into place in its right time. And if she is not our child then there is another little one that is meant to be with us. So this week will be a busy one and then Thanksgiving weekend. We are not sure what are plans are yet as we don't have family close to us, but I hope this will be our last Thanksgiving as a family of 5 and next Thanksgiving we will be celebrating as a family of 6!

2 comments:

  1. I like the jam cookie idea, especially after trying our first mooncakes! I love the idea of friends and food too. Next year, I will have to plan more and start more traditions! Praying for you as you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paige! Hope my email to you answered the questions you had. Have a great week!
    Blessings
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations