Monday, April 26, 2010

First Weekend After Referral


My Mom and Dad! It's so nice to have them living close enough (right now) so they can visit! We hope they will be up in our neck of the woods for the rest of the year!


My parents brought the cake....really? We need a cake this size for 7 people!?! Lol!

We had this picture made last year when we were visiting Disneyland, the kids wanted Addison to know we were thinking of her.


Some of little Miss Addison's room. We will get to painting it one day!

Wow! What a whirlwind these past few days have been! We had the pleasure of having my parents come up to our house for an overnighter. We received Addison's referral the day before my Dad's birthday! So they came up to celebrate both events with us! We had a great time! My parents left on Saturday afternoon, and Howard and I went out with some dear friends of ours to celebrate our referral! We went to an amazing Chinese food/Martini bar. Our friends brought there daughter home from China 18 months ago, so they totally get how excited we are:0) The food was amazing and Trina and Vince said it was very comparable to their favourite dinning experience in China. I think it was one of the best meals out I have ever had. Sunday we had a Bbq after church and I recruited our guests help in rearranging Addison's bedroom and hanging pictures etc. in there. We have decided to leave the queen size bed set up in her room as well as the crib, they both fit comfortably. I chose not to paint Addison's room for many reasons 1. We have only been in the house for 2 years and it didn't need painting 2. The other kids would have been miffed if I painted her room a special colour and theirs was left in the builders spec colour. 3. I could paint one room, but to do all four of my kids rooms in the next 4 months sounded like more work then I was willing to commit to! So Addison's room will remain the same tan colour as the rest of our house, until I get ambitious and want to paint and pick out themes for 4 rooms:0)




I still think it looks cute with the wall hangings and bedding we chose. Today was spent running around getting photocopies of stuff for Addison's citizenship application, picking up things I want to bring to China, choosing a care package to send her and writing a letter to be added to the care package. Oh yeah and the Canadian $ is at par with the US so we are debating whether to cash in our orphanage donation now or wait and see what happens in the next few months! Its funny I have a million little things flying through my head, some are seriously ridiculous and others need to be dealt with soon. I believe I have lists within lists! I am so far liking this part of the process because I have things I can be doing! While my parents were here we went shopping for a camera! Yay! I have lived without for long enough! I was wanting a DSLR, but was a little nervous I wouldn't have the time to learn how to take great pictures with it. So I decided to buy a ultra zoom digital camera instead. Its a step down from the DSLR but I am very happy with my decision, and when my kids get older and I have more time for a hobby I think then I will get a DSLR to play with:0) I am so excited to not have to "borrow" my kids point and shoot cameras anymore! Well I should get dinner started....in the next day or two I want to do a post about Addison and the info we have thus far. So until then have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This is the fun part! You finally feel like things are really happening and you can actually pack and plan and get everything ready... The room is adorable and the cake looks yummy, not too big at all!

    It is all very exciting! I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a celebration! And so many things to celebrate.

    I can't wait to see her in your arms. Oh hurry up already LOA!

    I love her nursery. Our Lilah's room is beige too, in fact I had it painted a dark beige! :) But then again I am totally a beige person. I know, so pathetic. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations