Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What We Know About Addison.....So Far

Right now Addison is living in Wuhan city in the Province of Hubei. She is living in foster care and has been in this foster home since she was 3 months old. We were very excited to hear she is in foster care, but realize our first few days could be extremely hard as little Miss will be doing some major grieving. Addie loves the outdoors and her favourite toys are cars:0)

Addison has been described as shy, loving, talkative and a sound sleeper (yahoo!) She loves her foster Mom, and knows where and points to her eyes, ears, mouth and nose. She knows the word "no" She is said to get along well with others and is said to be fairly introverted.


At the time of her medical exam she was 19lbs and 82cm tall. She also has 16 teeth. Apparently she eats well and lots of variety. It says she loves to go to the supermarket to shop with her foster mom! Well with a family our size it seems like we go daily!!! So she have no shortage of supermarket outings:0) It also says the family loves her very much, I am so happy about that info. I am glad on one hand that she has been in a loving home, yet on the other hand I am sad that we will be taking her faraway from that loving home.....if the family had a choice would they keep her? Do they have a choice? Of course we want her....but is it "right" to take her away from a loving family? I know others whom have adopted struggle with that knowledge, I guess we just pray and trust that we are the right family for her and love her to bits. I can't wait to meet Miss Addison I am so curious to see how much of the info we have received is true:0) I have found some uber cute stuff on the Matilda Jane website and I think I will be making an order this week! Riley says she NEEDS some hair pretties! So I will leave her in charge of that;) I am just now trying to get together some family pictures for a photo album we will send out. Also a friend suggested that Howard and I use a digital voice recorder and read her some books so she can hear our voices. I really like that idea! I am trying to decide if I need some new shoes as I will want to break them in before we go, Howard was in need of new runners so we picked those up yesterday. Come on LOA! We are hoping to travel in August!?!

4 comments:

  1. She really is a cutie! And tiny too. I am sure she will get a lot of attention at your house. Have fun shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that second picture is super cute too! Pure darling! :)

    She will get lots of love with you and I'm sure it will be hard to leave this family she's known pretty much all her life, but she will love your family too, with time. God has chosen her for you, that's for sure.

    You asked about me knowing Lilah's feet size. :) I got a care package through ladybugs'n love, they got me pictures of Lilah during our wait and also you can ask whatever questions you want and they normally get them answered for you If you like you can ask the childs foot length.

    I can see you're all still on top of the world, and rightly so!

    Hugs, Jill. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I love that she loves cars!

    Our Lilah loves cars too...not princesses, but yep...cars! Haha!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable little girl! She will be a true shining star and a super blessing for your family! God is good, and He chooses perfectly.

    Enjoy this special time of anticipation.

    BTW, our daughter was adopted from a very loving foster home. I had many of the same feelings as you. We had the opportunity to meet with the foster family while we were in China, and we still have contact with them. Some people have said that our relationship with China family is the closest that international adoption can come to being 'open' adoption. Maybe that's true, but it feels right for our family, so we continue.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations