Saturday, April 3, 2010

Not much excitement around here

Well its April which means.......that the new SN list will be out anywhere between 5-19 days (if it is released when expected) I am starting to get some little butterflies in my stomach when I think about it! We may be matched this month, then again maybe not.....I am soooo ready to get on with this! And meet our newest little member of our family. I am shopping around for car seats and a stroller, and loving it:0) When we had our first child Nate, we were so young and had very little so most of what we had for baby gear were hand me downs, don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with second hand items, but it's such a treat to be able to pick exactly what you want this time around:0)
This last week the sun has been shinning and the daylight is lasting so much longer, I think it was 8PM and it wasn't dark out! All of our snow is almost gone! Except the big piles. We even saw a few people wearing sandals and capri pants!!!! It so isn't that warm yet:0) I think our highs have been +5 so its still chilly, but I guess when you live in Northern Alberta as soon as its in the pluses people think its time to pull out the shorts!lol! I have been loving Winners. They have so many cute little sets for Riley this year. I have also really been loving Matilda Jane and Etsy. The boys haven't grown much over the year so I think most of their last year stuff will fit.
We are in the process of shopping for a travel trailer, as Howard will be working away from home most of the summer. The area he is working in is 30 minutes away from our church camp land so we thought if we had a trailer out there it would cut down on hotel expenses and the kids and I could come and go every couple days. The camp land is awesome a slow moving river with sandy banks cuts through the property so we can swim and play. I think we might make a trip to Edmonton next weekend to take a look at a few of the trailers we like, and do some shopping:0)The kids have been bugging us to go to the indoor waterpark at West Edmonton Mall and since we won't be going on a vacation down south this year at least we can do this with them!
I am hoping Howard will have tomorrow off (Easter Sunday) its a possibility even though its his weekend to work. A really nice lady from our church heard that we were "on our own" for Easter and she invited us to join her family for dinner, did I mention she already has 32 people confirmed for dinner!?! I guess when you have that many family members whats 5 more people! I'm not sure if we will go, we have lived here for 8 years and have gotten use to not having family around for all the holidays. Usually I would have some other people over for dinner, but I just wasn't on it this year:0) I think the first couple years I felt homesick, but now I enjoy the holidays and creating our own traditions. Don't get me wrong if my family showed up on our front steps I would be ecstatic!
Well now that I have babbled on about basically nothing, because thats exactly whats been going on here! Busy with the kids but busy with the same old same old and loving it:) I should get ready for the day! Hope you have a Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! I hope you are matched this month too! It will be exciting... not sure we will though! I wish I could meet you next weekend, but I am heading to my parents down south for the weekend. Good luck finding a trailer! Camping is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,
    I'm praying that this is the month! Can't wait to see the little treasure God has waiting for you. Happy Easter and Happy spring. +5? ...I can't even imagine :0)
    Hugs,
    Gina Holbrook

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations