Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snowed In!!!!

I hope to post some pictures later, but the title says it all! We have been snowed it on and off since Sunday! I got stuck in our cul de sac trying to take the kids to school this morning, and was lucky enough to have neighbor push me back into my driveway!!! Needless to say we stayed home for the day :)

The best part of all of this snow (insert sarcasm) is that Howard is away, and will be away for almost another week. I think the snow piles on either side of our driveway are as tall as me! And I will have some wicked muscles from all the shovelling I have done in the last 5 days :)


My kids however think this is the best thing ever! Our temp even rose to +2!!! That never happens this time of the year! So they were out making snow forts and snowmen this morning before the wind really picked up. I need to remember to find the joy in all this white stuff. Its always so fun to watch as the kids scamper around and use their imaginations to build the biggest and best fort ever!

2 comments:

  1. I saw pictures on Monica's blog. I think she's from your area and there was a crazy amount of snow. Just crazy. I actually gasped. I think you need a snow blower, especially with your hubby gone!

    Can't wait to see pictures.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have forts in my yard too, in my flowerbeds and amongst the shrubs... I guess because they are completely covered, they forgot they were there! I am thankful for my suburban, or I would be stuck like everyone else in our cul de sac too.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations