Friday, January 7, 2011

What a week!

This has been a week of getting back into the routine of regular life. We are back to clean eating and schedules, early to bed and early to rise.

Our big news for this week is that Howard is in the process of starting a business. I am so excited for him and what it will eventually mean for our family! He will still be doing the same thing (industrial electrician) however now he will sub contracting to the company he works for. The nature of the industry is that when its busy its crazy busy and that will remain the same, however we hope that within the next couple years that once summer hits Howard will be able to stay home for the whole time the kids are off school. That would allow us to travel to see our families and camp etc. So needless to say this was a week on the phone with our accountant, bank, insurance company, car dealership etc. It also mean I will be doing the book keeping and paperwork for our company. I look forward to the challenge and learning a new skill. Howard hopes to have his new truck up and running by the first of February.

The boys are falling back into the school routine fairly easily. Riley is struggling immensely! Almost everyday I leave her at Kindergarten she cries and we have to pry her hands off of my jacket, hand, neck etc. I thought we would be past this by now, however it has gotten worse since the holidays. For me as a mom it is heartbreaking to watch. Funny enough she loves school! She is fine seconds after I leave. I am not sure what to do with her... we have tried everything I can think of! This week we started a prayer box that she decorated herself, anytime she has a worry, she comes to us and we help her write a prayer on a piece of paper, she puts it in the box and the idea is she now has to let it go and give it to God. I am hoping maybe this will help. I have never met a child with such anxiety at such a young age. She tries to control everything....its so sad to watch. So if any of you have any ideas on how to help her I am open to suggestions!

Addison is doing well she seems to be happy as a clam, although she has certainly missed her brothers and sister this week. Addy also had another first this week......the first time swimming in a swimming pool! I know how lame that we are finally going swimming! She was quite apprehensive for the hour we were there, but you could tell she really wanted to let loose and have fun, and just wasn't sure if it was safe to do so. By the end of our session she didn't want to leave so we will certainly have to head back to the pool soon.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your husband, you all must be so excited on this new business! Staying at home during the summers, now that's the perfect job! So great!

    I'm thrilled to hear Addy loved the pool. I took Lilah for lessons last year and she enjoyed it a bit, not as much as I would have liked though. She gets very cold in that temperature of water and doesn't endure cold very well or even at all, I should say! I think her favourite part was standing in the hot shower after it was over! ;)

    Poor Riley, I heard a few moms chatting at playgroup on Friday about how hard a time their children were having, getting back into the school routine. It must be tough for her, especially knowing you and Addy are home together. But thank goodness it is just until you leave...otherwise, like you said, heart breaking. I love love LOVE that idea of writing her trouble on a piece of paper and giving it to the Lord. That is an incredible idea, in fact, I need to do the same myself. I am such an (internally) stressed person. I deny it a lot, but over Christmas I realized just how stressed I am, when I had the symptoms of a stomach ulcer. Eek.

    Have a great weekend!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, a lot of changes going on over there! I hope the business venture goes well and your family can enjoy more time together because of it. I love the prayer box idea, I may have to use that one in the future with my intense little one.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations