Sunday, November 29, 2009

Addie's Christmas Package






I am just packaging up Addison's Christmas package. I wanted to send alot more, however another family who is traveling to China to spend Christmas doing mission work at Agape house (where Addie is living) will be carrying these things for us so I wanted to keep the weight and size down :) I thought I would share some of the things we will be sending. I will also be sending a photo album of our family and a "crinkle"toy as apparently our Miss Addie LOVES to play with anything that crinkles (think shopping bags etc) It makes me a little sad to think we won't have her home for Christmas. I knew it wasn't possible, and hope that she will be with us next year for summer holidays and her birthday :) The kids were excited to pick out some of the stuff especially the Ni Hao Kai Lan doll that will clip to her stroller.
Howard just called, he has to drive one of his employees back to town tonight and will be home for one night, so I am ecstatic! We will see him for one night and then he will be home on Thursday night for 4 days! Hurray!
Also I would like to encourage those prayer warriors out there. I just heard through our Families Helping Families Ministry, that 27 families in our community are homeless do to a fire in their apartment building. Please pray for them and pray that those in our community will reach out to them in their time of need. From the info I received the families will not be able to re-enter their homes, so basically they have lost everything (material wise) I pray we can provide these families with some meals and basic supplies, so I will be on the phone and emailing my team and anyone else I can think of once I have a few more details.
Oh and for those of you wondering, Nathan is doing quite well. He is up and at em and will be back to school on Monday (I think) He is such a trooper! Hopefully his shoulder will heal quickly and be pain free by the end of the week :)
Have a wonderful rest of your Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I love the sweater outfit, she will look adorable! I am sure she will love it all... I am glad Nathan is doing well and that you get a bit of a break with your hubby home for the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell you, that package is cuteness overload! I can only imagine how much you would like your girl for Christmas. I am thankful the Lord didn't make us wait until after Christmas, we got Lilah referral in April and travelled in december, arrived home on christmas eve. Definitely touch and go, I don't remember a whole lot about Christmas last year. with jet lag and whatnot! :)

    Poor Nathan, glad to hear he is feeling better. And praying for those who have lost their homes and everything, that is just so sad. I can't imagine at all how painful that would be.

    Blessings,
    Jill xx

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations