Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Belated Mother's Day!



O.k. so I had these great plans to do a post on Monday about our Mother's day weekend....and well we got our LOA! So things have gotten a little crazy around here! I have much to do!
However I just have to say I have the best husband and kids ever! Yes, I may be a bit bias but I sure feel blessed! My Sunday started off with breakfast in bed!!! And bless my hubby's heart, it was healthy an egg white omelete with tomato,spinach and red onion with just a little parmesan cheese! Yum-o! We had a lovely day filled with church, a walk and play at a lake we have never been to, another delish healthy meal and then a "P.J. drive" to Dairy Queen (I guess that wasn't so healthy! Whoops) It was lovely. I think that one of my best mothers day gifts was receiving Addison's LOA! I can still hardly believe it! Things are happening so fast! We will be booking our flights in the next few days.... and we get to travel with some sweet friends from our church who are adopting a 2.5 yr old girl from China as well! Isn't God amazing? I never would have thought we would get to travel with this couple. And I hope our time in China grows our families closer together in friendship:0) Our girls are only 6 months apart in age so hopefully they will be great support for one another as they grow up:0)
Anyways just a short post. I hope all you Mom's out there had a blessed Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. I think it is amazing how in a town as small as yours, you know another couple adopting a child the same age, and you get to travel with them as well! What an awesome connection that will be for your girls!

    Start packing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your blog posted on the NHBO page so I popped over here to check it out. Wow, get this- My 8 year old son has OI, we are waiting for our 2 year old daughter who we have named Addison Cai ( not so patiently I must add), and she is in Hubei! It's really nice to meet you! Love, Kim ( www.catecomeshome.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, these connections mean so much, maybe not in China because they will be going through so much grief, etc. But later on they will be a huge support for each other, and for you mamas too...you'll need each other for questions and concerns.

    What a beautiful Mothers day you got this year. Your first to a baby girl called Addison Hope. Sigh. And your hubby is pretty amazing too!!

    What a lovely photo of you with your three beauties. Next year there'll be 4! :D

    Hugs, Jill.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations