Saturday, May 29, 2010

What have we been up to?


Well apparently wearing 3D glasses from the theatre is cool!?! Duh! Mom! Oh my Nathan makes me laugh:0)

We are so very proud of our Joshua! He placed in the top 7 for his grade in all the track events! It was so sweet to see how proud he was of himself! Especially for the first place in high jump!

This is how Riley truly feels about me taking her picture! What can I say? She just doesn't have the patience for me and my camera:0) This weekend is Stompede Weekend. Yeehaw! Stompede is our local rodeo and there is a carnival as well. We may get out and see the chuck wagon races tonight if all the kids are up for it.

This is Riley dressed up for preschool. They were celebrating the Stompede and Cowboys and Cowgirls all week:0)

Riley and I saw the young women competing for Miss Stompede in the mall on Thursday and my little girl was in awe:0) The competitors were all dressed in their wranglers etc.with cowboy hats and beautiful hair and makeup and they were all carrying evening gowns in dry cleaning bags. Riley thought that was amazing that a cowgirl would wear a "fancy" dress! lol!
Also this week Riley needed to have some of her immunizations done for Kindergarten....she needed 4 needles! Last time she needed her flu shot we had to pin her down and she screamed for hours after! So I really was not looking forward to this. Well I just have to say....Riley did so well! She didn't cry! She was so tough and I could really tell she wanted to but she just sucked back the tears! Miss Roo was such a trooper:0) I was so amazed that we made a quick stop at the dollar store to pick out 4 treats! What is it with dollar store toys? My kids love them:0)

I spoke to Alberta Children's Services and the CCAA has had our LOA since Monday. Our adoption agency said that we will have our Travel Approval in time! Phew! We still have heard nothing about our step 1 of Addison's citizenship. Our adoption agency advised us to wait a couple more days and then ask our MP's office to try faxing immigration again. If we haven't heard back by June 8th then our adoption agency will get involved. Please,please,please keeping praying for this paperwork! As I have said before, we cannot bring Addison home without this paperwork being done and in our hot little hands!

Well the kids only have a few more weeks of school left so I know the month of June will fly by with all the fun days and end of the year programs etc. Plus I will really have to get my packing organized. Howard is working away again....it kinda just sucks to have him gone. The kids have been really helpful and well behaved since he left. Which is always a treat:0) He will now be working 10 days away and then 4 days home. I think he has less then 3 shifts away now until China! So if I focus on that I will survive....right? We are hoping the weather warms up a bit around here. Also we are debating whether to plant some flowers in the front bed or wait until we are back from China. Well Riley has ran out to the van so we can go grocery shopping, so I must go!

2 comments:

  1. Those 3D glasses look familiar!!!

    I don't know how you do it with your hubby gone for such long periods, mine has been gone for a couple of days and it is so stressful, just knowing they are away!

    June will go by so quickly and then you are on your way! I will be praying that your citizenship stuff comes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the stompede!

    I've always wanted to go to the Calgary Stampede, I think I'm a cowgirl at heart! Miss Riley Roo looks so stylin' as a cowgirl! You must be so proud of your Joshua, that's a lot of awards he's holding there! And yes, we love dollar store toys here too! Heh!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations