Saturday, December 4, 2010

Advocating!!!


O.k. this sweetest little girl is looking for a forever family! She is described as having the sweetest personality. Her agency "given" English name is Sadie. Sadie has osteogenesis imperfecta (brittle bone disease) and has had a few fractures when she was a baby, however she hasn't had any in a very long time. Her nannies love her, but they treat her like glass so she isn't allowed to play with the other kids or learn how to walk. She is on the shared list and is 3 yrs old. I am praying we find her a family. I wish it was mine however I think not, Addison just needs more time adjusting, as do we :) If you are interested in Sadie email me! khmervyn@telus.net Oh how my heart breaks for her! Sadie deserves to see the world and not sit in a crib all day out of fear, she needs love and medication to strengthen her bones, she needs a Mom and a Dad! I know brittle bone disease sounds scary......and sometimes it can be, however the joy and love Nathan has brought to our lives sure outweighs the hard hospital times. I would love to mentor anyone who is interested in adopting a child with O.I. I don't know everything about the disease, but I have had 11 years experience in the trenches. If you are a fellow blogger I would ask you to consider posting her picture or linking this post you can even add my email. I am passionate about finding Sadie a home. O.k. I am now stepping off my soap box :)

2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful and I am glad you are advocating for her! A family would do her wonders... it is a scary disease, but it sounds like she is doing really well. I hope she finds her mom and dad soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't she just beautiful... those eyes really take you in. I doubt she'll hang be on the shared list for too long.

    Praying she finds the family the Lord has already chosen for her, soon.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations