Wednesday, December 1, 2010

24 Days: Make a Christmas Puzzle!
















So I have decided to do family focused activities for our Christmas advent calendar. I am really excited to do these activities and hope the kids will really enjoy them. Today was make a Christmas puzzle. We had fun.....it was a 100 piece puzzle from the dollar store, soooo it wasn't well made! lol! And alot of pieces could fit in several places!!! For real! It had the boys very frustrated, and Riley stormed off more than once when the piece she thought fit perfectly really didn't! Oh well, this is the stuff memories are made of :) It was really nice to do something with all of the kids and not have them all off in their separate spaces. Addison even found a couple pieces place, so I would say this activity was a success! Good thing too, because I have another Christmas puzzle to do later in our advent calendar :)


On a side note, I have never had any of my children go through the "why?" stage.........that was until Addison! "but mommy, whyeeee?" It really is so darn cute! And is something I will have to try and get a video of :) Oh, I am certainly trying to get a video of Addison "singing" Santa baby!
fingers crossed there, she definitely only performs when SHE feels like it :)

3 comments:

  1. That is a very pretyt puzzle! Good for you getting this project underway!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little stockings... where did you find those? And it is great to plan for family "together" type projects... I am still sticking with those cheap, gross, chocolate calendars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SUCH a clever idea! I may try this for next year... I've seen lots of advent calendar ideas, but this is my first puzzle one. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations