Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Santa Baby




What is Addison's favourite Christmas carol right now?.....well its not O Holy Night, Little Drummer Boy or something meaningful like Silent Night......neither is it Jingle Bells, Frosty the Snowman or Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer. My silly willy girls favourite Christmas carol is, yep you guessed it Santa Baby by Marilyn Monroe!!! Does that make me a bad mom!?! lol! Is that even appropriate!?! Either way it gets stuck in both Addison's and my head.....well the chorus does anyways. And it is the cutest thing I have heard, listening as she walks around the house singing "Santa baby hurry Addison's chimney tonight"


The weekend before last we were at the mall and Santa was in his chair. I pointed him out to Addy as we walked past, and was quite curious to see her reaction. Well Miss Addy got the biggest smile on her face, started waving like her life depended on it and in the loudest sweetest sing song voice she said "HI SANTA!" over and over and over again :) Whats so funny about this is that Riley is terrified of Santa. She was mortified and was doing her best to hide behind Howard! You could see the wheels turning in her head......"Why is Addison doing that! Oh gosh don't let him notice me! If he notices me I might puke! Oh Dad please save me! Get me outta here!" All years prior to this we could not even walk past centre court without Riley getting really upset! So this was a huge step for her! Needless to say we didn't do pictures with the Jolly fellow. And if you ask Addison if she wants to sit on his knee for a picture she shakes her head adamantly and says "No! Santa sit on Addison's knee!" Now that would be a picture to see :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is so funny. Lilah has always LOVED him too! Had that exact same reaction as Addy when she saw him for the first time last year! And this year too.

    Oh and I'm totally joining the bad Mama's group! Every time Lilah mentions Santa I always say Santa Baby, I don't know why, I just can't help myself! Lol! And I kinda sing part of that MM song. So now she calls him Santa Baby! Lol! And THEN, even worse, I've let her listen to the song a few times already on utube...but she hasn't caught onto the song at all, yet!

    I'd love to hear Addy sing it, I bet that is just too precious!

    We are hoping to go and see the old man tomorrow. Do you remember me mentioning on my blog about how I'm trying to keep Santa from taking over Christmas? Well I must admit, I'm doing a pretty crappy job!! :)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that peek-a-boo! And I didn't have your email to reply, but I wanted to share with you that I totally remember comparing our attachment to the attachment of the other families who traveled at the same time as us... I must have done it for at least the first 18 months home. I think it's totally natural - maybe not healthy *grin*, but definitely normal. And you DEFINITELY will achieve the level of attachment that you desire... it may take longer than anyone expects, but it WILL happen if you keep working at it. It did for us - took the Tongginator YEARS. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also would love to see a video of this! I am not sure what Zoe's reaction to Santa will be... Lilah is fine with it, as long as she gets a coloring book and candy cane!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations