Sunday, November 14, 2010

Oh Christmas tree

Ok seriously what is with the tongue!?! That is the new thing at our house! I can't remember the last time Addison didn't have her tongue sticking out :)

Addison had fun helping decorate the upstairs tree. And if I am being honest and keeping it real; This year was not what past years have been......with Riley being so sick. And lets be honest crabby (not that I blame her), Josh was really really hyper and Nathan just wanted to go to his cave (his bedroom in the basement) I was feeling a little disappointed in our decorating day. And really only got a couple pictures of Addison during the process. Oh well once December hits we'll get a fresh tree for the family room and the kids can go wild with it, and maybe just maybe everyone else will be up for the fun :)

I think the highlight of the evening was when Riley brought out an animated dancing Santa and she and Josh had Addy dancing around the house. It was quite the show! My Mom, Howard and I had a good laugh at their "fancy" moves!


My Mom has now gone back home, and its just us here at home. We are falling back into our routine sans Grandma and we all miss her a bit. I will post some pictures of the tree in a couple days once I am finished with it :) I am looking forward to a week of house cleaning and Christmas shopping. I am also looking for a way our whole family can serve this holiday season....if any of you who follow have some great ideas for a family with kids between the ages of 2-11yrs old, they would be greatly appreciated. Another idea I have been toying around with is doing a holiday activity advent calendar. Where each day would have an activity, not a chocolate. Some of the ideas I have come up with were build a gingerbread house, go ice skating, experience Bethlehem live, build a holiday puzzle, make snowman pizzas etc. I think it would be a fun way of really connecting as a family and creating some more holiday memories. The more I think about this project the more I like it :) And I think it would be fun to blog each day! Whoa! That might be signing up for alot! lol! Stay tuned to see what I come up with!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, what a great idea Kim! I am behind you 100%, just because I want you to blog every single day! :) But then I'm going to Ireland on the 9th, so I'll miss a whole bunch. Internet in Irish countryside is as slow as molasses! Very frustrating!

    What a cutie Miss Addy is! Do you think her lips might be dry? I just ask because Lilah needs cream on hers a lot at this time of the year.

    I hope Riley feels better soon...poor soul. And I know how you feel missing your Mum.

    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addison is beautiful! As is her little tongue! I so understand the let down of a perfectly envisioned day of decorating for Christmas, only to be a little disappointed! I think the last one we had, everyone was in their room crying and I was left decorating the tree and sipping hot chocolate by myself- not what I had planned! I hope you get some great suggestions as far as activities because I would love to copy! Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations