Thursday, November 11, 2010

I know its early but......

This weekend is the weekend we set up the Christmas decorations!!! Yay! I love this time of year. And many of you may think I am CRAZY! However if I don't do it this weekend we just get too darn busy with the seasons festivities and merriment. We (I) like to enjoy the process and take my time enjoying the kids reactions and memories of Christmas past. We always have "finger foods" and Josh makes his extra special secret peppermint hot chocolate. My Mom is here and so she gets to partake as well.....and yes she thinks we (me) are a little nutty :) This year will be the first year we have 2 trees, one in the sitting room and one for the kids downstairs. I am really looking forward to the "Mom" tree as I have been collecting trinkets for the sitting room tree for a couple weeks now :) I will post pictures in a couple days, and really hope it turns out how I am picturing it in my head. I am so looking forward to Addy's first Christmas at home! She is learning all about Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus and of course the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ!

I know I have been absent from this little blog, yet again. However my lil Miss Riley-roo had a rip roaring ear infection and it came to a head last night when her eardrum burst....poor little angel! We are blessed to have a wonderful doctor who does after hours calls and he fixed her up with some antibiotics and she is now on the mend. So hopefully I'll be back to regular posting!

4 comments:

  1. Hope she is feeling better. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Hope she is on the mend now!

    We usually set our Christmas things up this weekend too. It's my birthday on the 14th and so it's usually a really fun time. Times are a changin' around here though. Grace came home last year and her birthday is on the 23rd, so we will wait until her special day is over until we set up. I guess I'll bring the advent stuff out early though? Not sure yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little Riley, that sounds awful. Hope she gets better soon.

    I love that you have two trees, a kid one and an adult one! :)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow we do the exact same thing for the exact same reason!!! We also have a new little one home from China and it was so fun to see her face today as we brought in the tree! We do a grown up and a kid one too, so fun!!! Your kids are just gorgeous and Addison just melts my heart with that sweet face! Are you anywhere near Newfoundland? We have friends there (actually in China now getting their little girl).

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations