Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Cup Overflows

One of the first pictures we saw of Addison in April.

Addison in October.






I have been pondering many things in this last week....like why my family has been so blessed? God chose this sweet little Addison for us and He knew she was the perfect fit for our family! As I checked on her tonight as she slept, I felt as though my heart would burst with all the love I have for my sweet little girl. I thought of all the changes Addison has experienced in these last (almost) 4 months. And tried to place myself in her shoes.... two years old passed off to complete strangers that look different, speak a completely different language and I have no way of knowing if I can trust them not to harm me! My heart aches to think of the turmoil she has gone through and will continue to go through as she truly learns to trust Howard and I. Also I am thankful that Howard and I are not doing this alone and can rely on a loving, powerful and all knowing God to lead us as we parent not only Addison but all our children. Trusting He loves them even more than I could! As I look back at some of the referral photos of Addison I see that she now looks healthier and seems to have a light in her eyes, that just wasn't there before. We see her opening up and trusting us more as she comes to acknowledge and accept our daily routine, she seems to really love our weekday schedule she knows what comes next and now quite often keeps me on track :) I love her more than words can explain she is so very precious to me. I am so grateful that God whispered to us, and we chose to listen, obey, and not make excuses out fear of the unknown. Addison fills a hole in our family we didn't know even existed! I think I will forever be amazed by how God still speaks to us even in this day and age!
You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by annointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Psalms 23:5

2 comments:

  1. Reading this makes my heart smile and me sigh a REALLY happy sigh. Because I know exactly how you feel...like your heart could burst!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Kim. How true... that God blesses us so abundantly when we listen to him and obey. He always knows what we need and what is missing... adoption is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations