Thursday, November 25, 2010

Smile!?!











O.k. so I said "SMILE" and this is what I got!!! Ha! This little munchkin sure makes me laugh! She is so cheeky and such a ham! If she gets one little giggle out of any of us, she is really hamming it up, so she can turn that giggle into full on laughter!





Also I know I said I would take some pictures of the tree, however the stinkin bloody cat keeps climbing into the darn tree and knocking out Christmas ornaments!!!! Hence the "holes" in my tree! That cat may just turn into a hat!!! I am totally kidding! Well not about him climbing the tree....just the hat part! We love you Bluey! Even if you wreck my special tree :)




Things are busy around here, Howard is back to his crazy work schedule I think by Sunday this week he will have worked 90 hrs in 7 days.....does that mean he gets next week off? Nope! He gets to do it all over again until Christmas Eve! Well thats what he has warned me. How am I feeling about it? We won't go there tonight!!! This too shall pass. Im Thankful he has a job he loves, and dreaming of a Carribean vacation this Spring (hopefully)
We are ramping up for our Holiday traditions, and I am still working on the whole advent calendar activity idea.....I have plenty of ideas, however I need to remain realistic with what we can do on weekdays and how much energy I will have with Howard gone so much. I know I may have to let some things go....however there are traditions and activities I really don't want to give up. I really hope my kids to remember the holidays and some of our traditions when they are adults, although I don't want them to recall their Mom being some frazzled stressed out freak because she wasn't realistic! And bit off more than she could chew! lol! I guess I will have to have it all figured out by December 1st!
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American Friends!

4 comments:

  1. I am really glad to see you blogging more! These pictures feel familiar... this is what I get when I tell my kids to smile too. She is one cute kid. Your kids will remember Christmas being about family and time together if that is your focus, not the fancy food or abounding gifts or chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paige! I needed to hear that! Thats all I really want my kids to grasp about Christmas, oh and the most important part Christs Birth! I however feel like I haven't been so much fun since Addison came home, so I am making an effort to make family fun more important!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I am slowly learning (or not!) that I shouldn't say 'smile'! It does not work out well. I dunno though, it seems to be working for Addy! She is all cuteness and I love when they catch on that you think what they're doing is funny. Oh to be a child again!! ;)

    I agree with Paige. Our time is the best thing we can give our children, and I know they appreciate that. :)

    I know Tonggu Momma does some fun countdown to Christmas advent thing, with a little Asian flair, you should take a nosy around her blog to see if you can find it... like reading the Christmas Story one day, baking cookies, feeding the birds and lots of other stuff, but not stuff that would take up too much time and leave you run off your feet. Just a thought. Maybe you don't read her blog, I'll post the link below. She is a very wise woman and a Christian too, her posts always make me think.

    http://ourlittletongginator.blogspot.com

    In fact, I even found the actual post I was talking about, I think it is pretty genius, I just hope that some year we'll actually be home to do something similiar!

    http://ourlittletongginator.blogspot.com/2009/12/experiencing-christmas.html

    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations