Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Addy's first play in the snow

So this picture is just as we stepped outside, Addison thought it was quite fun, and I was outside to shovel the walkways and driveway, so she felt safe. Addy was quite happy to run around for the first few minutes......

Hmmmm this was Addy about 15 minutes after we came outside! It was only about -10C (14F) however that was too much for our little miss :)



Then today we woke up and started getting the boys ready for school, and I noticed our furnace was running alot. So I decided to quickly check the current temperature.....well at 8AM it was -30C feels like -39C with the windchill!!! For my American friends with the windchill it was -38.2 Fahrenheit!!!! That is when I started asking myself why the heck do we live here!?! Really I mean I had running around to do this morning.....that is obviously postponed for another day! And hauling Nates wheelchair out at the school......well we won't even go there! On these days I certainly miss living on Vancouver Island, I even miss the constant rain, wind and grey when its this cold! Luckily I was able to drop Nate off at the jr high doors, Josh off by his portable and the girls and I headed home. So I didn't have to haul Addison out in this ridiculous weather! We are looking forward to the high of zero they are calling for later in the week :) I know Howard certainly is, because he is working outside in this! Here's hoping that you, my friends are all warm and cozy!

3 comments:

  1. We are warm and cozy here! I did do a bunch of running around this morning and I am always amazed at how our Canadian kids do so well with the nasty cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness gracious me - that is just BRRRRR! I know it will be that temperature here soon enough. However, I'll never ever get used to it, that's for sure.

    Today is a sunny high of 13C, so I think you should definitely move to Ottawa. Please. Please. Pretty please?! ;)

    I actuallly thought Addy looked like she was enjoying it, but yeah...second picture told the story...lol! :) I absolutely love her hat!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations