Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Sweet Sunday

Today was one of those days that so rarely happen when you have 4 kids. Our morning went so smoothly, we made it to church on time and then both the girls went to their classes and stayed the whole service! This is the second sermon I have been able to listen to since June! So I was very grateful that Addison was happy to stay for her second time by herself! She had fun, and hardly wanted to leave when the service was over :)

Right now both the boys are at friends houses. Riley and I have just finished making a batch of buns and the pot roast is in the oven for supper. Addison awoke from her nap with smiles and giggles and the girls are playing "kitchen."

We have had another mini dump of snow so its a perfect day to stay inside and cuddle up with some tea and a good book while we wait for dinner to be ready. This is what I envisioned when I first started having kids......enjoying, teaching and relishing in them and their little ways. To consider it a honor and not a job to help and provide for them. Sometimes that all gets lost in the running around and getting things done. When days come along like this it reminds me of how blessed I am to be these kids Mom!

2 comments:

  1. That is the perfect day and it is too bad they are so rare in the business of life! But I guess that is what makes them even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Paige. Just as well these days don't happen too often or we'd take a lot for granted. But it sure sounds like the stars all aligned just perfectly for you and your little family.

    I read your post and I happy sighed. I love that peaceful feeling of everything working out just perfectly. :)

    Jill

    PS - It's a Superstore Joe dress!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations