Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Home for 5 days and Strawberry Picking

Already we have been home for 5 days, it feels like much less and much longer:) We already can't imagine our lives without Lil Miss Addison! Yet our routine has changed a bit! I forgot what its like to have to schedule in naps, 12 noon lunch (on the dot!!!), diaper changes, and laying down to have a little one fall asleep at nap time and bedtime! I am trying to cherish everyone of these moments, as I have missed so many of her other moments. Everday she seems to be relaxing more and more and letting us into her little heart, it certainly will take time, like years probably, but I see improvements everyday. The first couple days (especially day one) it was hard to see her regress and put up her walls, but it almost seems sweeter to see them slowly come back down again! She is sleeping through the night and I have just incorporated her regular daytime nap again. Addison is a go, go, go kinda girl! And I have really had to try to pace her and keep things quiet around here so she does get a chance to adapt to her new home, and family.
Riley is loving being a big sister, its really neat to see her take on this new role! She is really loving the "responsibility." If she had it her way, she would be the Mom and I would be the assistant!!! I am just so glad to see her be so giving and flexible. Howard and I have made special times to spend with just Riley so she doesn't feel left out or jealous.....I am sure those feelings will come later down the road, once the "honeymoon" stage has worn off:)
Josh apparently hung the moon, in Addison's eyes! Its really the cutest thing ever! He dotes on her, and she loves every minute of it! Its funny, because when we got Addison's referral; Josh said " I am going to really get along with her." And I just thought, ok sure, whatever you say honey. But he really is quite smitten with her, he comes up to play with her several times a day!
Nathan has interacted with Addison a bit, and likes her, but Im not sure what he's feeling? He will come to her and play when its convenient for him, but if she seeks him out its a no go. Nathan and I are quite close....so I wonder if he is feeling some envy of my time spent with Addison? Howard and I have talked and I think I am going to take him out on a date, so he can have some special one on one.
Howard and Addison's relationship has changed alot in the last couple days, he was the first person she asked for this morning! And when I brought her to him on the couch, she broke out in the biggest smile ever:) Its so nice to see! Although I'll miss being number one;) Howard will go into work for some meeting on the 3rd and 4th of August and will not return to work until the 24th of August! So that is a nice bit of time off for him, and we are all ecstatic!
I am doing well, still fighting this nasty cold, but we have definitely overcome the jet lag alot more quickly than expected! I am trying to keep up to the housework and laundry, plus do something fun for everyone, everday. It is challenging, but extra nice to have Howard home to help with it all:) Yesterday we went strawberry picking and had a great time! We packed a picnic, played at the campground and had ice cream! A perfect day! We even got our first pictures of all 4 of the kids together! Yay!



Its always so hard to get them all looking at the camera!

Addison and her favourite boy!

Oh yeah! Day 2 and we already have Addie doing chores!!!! Just Kidding! Although she loves to help clean up after dinner! Excuse the messy kitchen, we were in the process of cleaning it up!



Happy little muffin, waiting for her boiled egg white's and watermelon for breakfast. Oh how I love that little smile!






2 comments:

  1. I don't even know what to say here, other than the fact that you are simply amazing. And for the record, cutest family picture ever!! She looks perfectly at ease with your family. I'm so happy to hear that she's letting those walls down again. She IS SUCH a beautiful girl, and that smile...I bet it's melted a few hearts already, and then some!

    I'm thrilled you're all doing so well. Truly.
    Keep posting! Jill

    PS - Feel free to pass on my blog to the family with the GD girl. Do the family have a blog also? Our Lilah was a pretty much non eater in China too, stressed us out a bit, but afterwards when I look back at pictures, I realized she was teething. I excuse myself by saying I was a first time parent, but I feel so guilty not realizing what she was going through at that time. She actually got one of her upper eye teeth through in China. And I wondered why her gums were so red, DUH! Oh the guilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey kim, I now have internet access, but not at home... email me.... I can hardly wait to hear what all you have to say! How is it all going so far?

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations