Tuesday, July 6, 2010

One More Day Until China!!!

Well tomorrow is our last day home and then we are off to China! It still feels so surreal! I have moments where it sinks in during the day, and then they pass. Sleeping has become a bit of an issue, now. I hope we will get some good sleep on our flight over:) I think we are all packed except for our toiletries. My Aunt arrived today and my Mom arrives tomorrow. I feel so blessed to have such a supportive wonderful family, 15 days with 3 kids is no walk in the park:) However I know everyone is going to have a blast and will be healthy and safe. I sure am going to miss the kids though!
In 5 days we will meet Addison for our first time! I am a jumble of emotions heading into this meeting. I love her already and have yet to meet her! How is that even possible!?! We have been praying that the Lord would prepare her little heart for us, ever since we saw her file. We have also been praying that He would give us the wisdom to meet her where she is at in her shock and grief. For those of you who believe in the power of prayer, please pray of our little girl and for us! Please pray for safe flights, for good health, no lost luggage, and just an all round wonderful trip:)

I had to add this picture of Riley.....she is beyond excited to meet her little sister, a little nervous for Mom and Dad to go, however has decided its worth getting a new sister:)

4 comments:

  1. Hi kim,

    I've been following your blog for awhile and I am so excited that you will soon be traveling! Many prayers for a safe flight and an easy transition for Addison into her new family.

    Did you set up your blog so you can email your posts to it while in China? You will need to do this-- blogger is blocked. I was able to email two pictures at a time.

    Have a great flight and trip!
    Reena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathe..... it is finally here! This is what you have been waiting for throughout all the ups and downs and it is so worth it, as you will soon see. I can hardly wait to follow along and I will be praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thrilled that the time for you to meet Miss Addison has finally come! I can't wait to follow along. As strange as it sounds, feel free to drop me a note if you need anything while you are away. I loved having some BTDT people handy just in case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am certianly praying for you, and I am already checking your blog like crazy, so yes, I am very excited to see this little girly in your arms. I remember loving the picture too, but real life I tell ya, it is something else. You only think you love until you meet this little person, and well...they wrap you around their little finger and you're toast! You're a BTDT Mama, so you know what I mean!

    I know what you mean about sleep too, I didn't get much those last few days, ahem, ...maybe even weeks!! But I took a big fat gravol the minute I boarded that plane to China, let me tell you...I NEVER EVER sleep on planes, but I did...the whole way to China. It was super!! :)

    Aww, the last picture as an only daughter. Soon she will get that little sister. I can't imagine life without my sister, even thuogh she is 6 years older and lives in Australia. She's still my best friend! This is most certainly a blessing for these two girls that God has made sisters.

    I'm getting all emotional now, must go! And we'll be praying with you and enjoying your moments every step of the way.

    God bless.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations