Thursday, July 15, 2010

Yellow Crane Tower

We had a very nice morning touring the Yellow Crane Tower. There is such rich history here sometimes it overwhelms a person, almost like its hard to wrap your mind around how old some of the things you are looking at are! Maybe its because we live in such a young country? The grounds were lovely, and it didn't rain at all today!!! We made it to the 6th floor of the tower (there are 9) but with the wicked humidity, a 18mos old, a 2yr old, a 5 yr old & a bunch of Canadian adults who were dripping sweat even before we started to climb the tower; we felt that level 6 was a very respectable showing:) It was an amazing view, we could see the Yangtze and the orphanage Addison spent her first 3 months of life at. Howard bought Addie and Riley each their very own Wuhan pearl bracelets, they are very cute; and Addison was very proud of her new jewlery and kept telling our guide how pretty it was:) We were back at the hotel by lunch time and ordered room service and had naps. The rest of the afternoon we spent waiting for Addison to wake from her nap and then we went for a walk. Kind of a boring day but we got to spend it with Addie so that made it spectacular! We love her so much! It makes me sad to think that tomorrow we will be taking her away from the city she called home for all her life. Her language skills are so advanced and we will slowly watch her lose that, I hope we will be able to help her keep her Mandarin/Wuhan dialect. I have picked up a few words like...blanket, lets go, pee, hungry, water, watermelon. But the more I use her language I think the more I confuse her, and she expects me to understand everything she is saying! I'm not sure what is right, only speak in English, or infuse our English with Mandarin? She has warmed up to Howard a bit...she fell asleep while I was holding her, and then I really needed to use the biffy, so I passed her off. When she woke in Howard's arms on the bus she was fine for a good 30 minutes!!! However, the rest of the day other than play and letting him buy her snacks He was a no go! Baby steps I guess. She is very, very busy! And today when we in the market at the Yellow Crane Tower Addison got quite concerned for the little boy who was just adopted by our travel mates...she kept telling him to go to his Mama, his Mama is just over there;and she would point to his Mom! Then she told/yelled at him to call is Mama!!!! How does she know that Carline is Nathan's Mama? It amazed all of us, even our guide. Of course we had a good chuckle as well as she was bossing him around:) We are finishing up in Wuhan tomorrow and will be flying back to Beijing at 6PM tomorrow night. Please pray for us! This will be a good indication on how things will go on our big flight home. I hope Addison is a good traveller! She does well on the bus, so hopefully that translates into a good flyer! I added a bunch of pictures to the shutterfly site this afternoon. I think our next post will be from Beijing if we have adequate internet there!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, she is AMAZING; such a smart little one! I know how you are feeling about the language issue, we wanted so much for Mei to keep her Mandarin too. Nathan and Riley are here playing right now and from the noise coming from my basement it is awesome that she is showing a strong personality, she'll need it to keep up to your kids (and their rotten friends!). Vinnie wanted to tell Howard to keep hanging in there- he totally feels for him wanting to have this little one that he has given his heart to to respond in kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim... I just caught up on your blog. Sounds like your experience in Wuhan was similar to ours. It was really hard to get out and enjoy the city. I don't think I've ever been so hot in my life. However, we did not have any rain. I can only imagine how that complicates things. I think you will really enjoy Guangzhou. It is so easy to get out and go for walks and do some window shopping. I hope your flight tomorrow goes well. Your daughter is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations