Saturday, July 24, 2010

Were Home!

Ah, home sweet home! It is was so good to finally fall into bed, after 25 hours of travel;) Addison slept through the night last night, however we didn't arrive home until midnight, and she slept very little on our flights. Other than not much sleep she did very well! We arrived in Vancouver at lunch time, and had a 7 hr lay over; So we decided to hope a skytrain have lunch and walk along False Creek. It was a beautiful day and felt so great to stretch our legs!

We arrived home to the best welcoming committee ever! Our kids and our dear friends Trina, Vince and their kids. They had all made welcome home signs for Addison and brought her helium balloons and flowers! I have to say when we finally landed in GP I welled up a bit, it was so good to be home, and I really missed our kids! Addison of course was a little overwhelmed by everyone; But I had anticipated that, so I had put her in the Scoot a Baby carrier ( I highly recommend it! It felt like I was carrying a 5lb baby, not a 20lb toddler!) We got home and had a snack and a little tour of the main floor of our house, and then everyone happily went to bed!

Addison and I slept in until 11:30 this morning! And her first day was a pretty good one, I think.
She was definitely not the wild woman we have come to know and love in China, as she was being a little cautious with all the change. She love, love, loves Josh! And really likes Riley. Nathan has shown very little interest, but he has been helpful. Food is a bit of an issue, and we kinda thought it would be when we were in China.....let just say she likes most fruit (peeled), noodles, noodles, noodles, boiled egg whites and garlic toast! She cried when I tried to feed her the most delicious lasagna Trina made for us tonight! I can't find any milk she will take, including soy. And meat is a no go! I did see her eat green beans and peas though! So we will stock up on those! I am sure it will come eventually, I guess just as long as we are getting all her vitamins she needs, we won't worry. We took her to our local playground, she was happy just to watch, and sit on a swing with me. There were a few other kids there, so I think she was just a little unsure. She did love to watch Riley play on the slide though!

I am hoping to do a recap of our trip as I didn't get to post everyday like I had planned on. There were so many thoughts and memories I don't want to forget! Everyone else is in bed, and I am exhausted! So that's it for tonight:-)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a safe trip home. Take your time getting back into things. Jet lag is terrible, it took me 2 weeks to get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are home. Sounds like the jet lag might not be a huge issue for ya'll! That would be great. WE had the worst time with it!! Enjoy having all your kiddos around you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! Hope you're doing well and not suffering too badly from jet lag.

    Too bad about the lasagne! Speaking of which, I distinctly remember feeding Lilah it while in China, we found a little Italian restaurant and we eat there a lot! Lilah actually enjoyed it, funny enough! :)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations