Thursday, July 1, 2010

In One Week.


At this time in one week Howard and I will be in Vancouver at the airport waiting for our flight to Beijing! Wow! I have mountains of laundry and packing to do before then. We are in the home stretch and it means 10 days until we meet Addison:0)
Howard comes home today, and then is in the office tomorrow and then he is done work for at least 5 weeks!!! That in itself is something to be excited about!
Our itinerary looks like this...
Jul 8 - Depart from G.P. @ 7AM through Vancouver
Jul9 - Arrive in Beijing @ 4:50PM local time.
Jul10&11- Touring and shopping in Beijing with our friends J&K
Jul 12 - Fly to Wuhan *FOREVER FAMILY DAY*
Jul 13 - China part of adoption finalized
Jul14&15- Touring Addison's home province and getting to know her:0)
Jul 16 - Receive Addison's passport & fly back to Beijing
Jul 17to22 - Touring Beijing, bonding, applying for entry VISA's etc.
Jul 23 - Fly home we arrive in G.P. @ 10:35 PM
We will be staying at the Oriental Culture Hotel in Beijing for our first couple days there, then in Wuhan we will be staying at the White Rose Hotel, and finally when we are back in Beijing we will stay at State Guest Presidential Plaza Hotel.
Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring you children from the east
and gather you from the west. ~ Isaiah 43:5~
Let your gentleness be evident to all.The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~ Phil 4:5-7~

5 comments:

  1. So strange, but I am so excited for you to get on that plane and I'm not even going along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I hope you're able to rest a bit before then. :) And I'm so excited to follow along! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been spending a little time on your blog. Your children are adorable! And that little cutie waiting for you in China....oh my!! I could just eat her with a spoon!! You are so close! I'm so excited for you. It was the most amazing experience of our lives, so just drink it in! Here's my email in case you have any last minute questions or need some encouragement while you're in China: doug922@bellsouth.net

    Yay!! You're going to China!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO excited for you. I hope you enjoy every moment... even the difficult ones! Soon you will see her and hold her and KNOW her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I've been there and done it, it is so hard to describe...there are really no words. The highs and joys are simply unbelievable, maybe that is because I was a first time Mom, but I don't think so. It is incredible. An experience I'll guarantee, you'll just want to keep repeating!! :)

    Howard being home for that time will be SO wonderful. Colin took 4 months off work and I'll tell you, it was amazing, because we both got to bond with Lilah equally! I really believe it helped her build that security with us.

    OH I'm SOOOO excited for you!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations