Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cooking School: Miss Riley- Roo

So today was Riley's cooking day....for the most part I let her pick whatever she wanted to cook for dinner and dessert, however I steered Riley to a website known for "easier" recipes that are not from scratch. That way she could really be involved as much as possible. Miss Roo picked out a salsa chicken breast with Mexican salsa salad. The salad was from a bag, something we rarely do, but that way Riley could do it all! The chicken was shake n bake :0) Other than me touching the raw chicken she was able to do everything as well. And finally the show stopper.....dessert! Chef Riley made a peanut butter stripe square. Very yummy and also easy to make:0)

Above is Riley with her masterpiece dinner :0)
Below Riley whisking away her dessert.

Phew it was alot of whisking:0)


I think Riley said her favourite part was getting the licking bowl all to herself, after we made the pudding filling!
I am starting to see a trend here.....everyone ate dinner without a complaint again!?! As I said in my previous post very rare in this house:0) Well I had fun cooking with my girl. We had an at home day, which is one of my favourite kinda days. Nate is still in his PJ's, Riley hair wasn't done all day, I didn't wear makeup and Josh well he is always up and ready for the day before everyone, but I think we all enjoyed not having to run around anywhere.
* 8 days until China* Getting very excited, but still feel very calm at this point, weird!

1 comment:

  1. This is so great Kim! Sounds delicious AGAIN!

    I think you might need to post the recipes for all these 'kid meals'!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations