Wednesday, June 2, 2010

HELP!!!

I need a little help....We need some good ideas for a gift for Addison's foster family! What do you get for a family who has loved and raised your daughter for the first 2 years of her life? Oh yeah and it needs to be made in Canada! And easy to pack in our suitcases! I want it to be really nice.....but what?

On another note, I am a little frustrated with the Part 1 of Addison's Citizenship. Our MP's office has said don't call us we'll call you. I don't agree and phoned again today it has been over a week and they have heard nothing from immigration. I was told by our adoption agency that if they don't contact the adoption desk nothing will get done...the assistant I talked to seemed skeptical of that info. I just want to know if they are following up or have only made contact with immigration once. I know they are busy, however this is a bit of a time sensitive issue here...it took 2 weeks for this paperwork to go by mail when we sent it out, so that means if they send the paperwork by snail mail we need this done at the latest next week! I'm praying my butt off and know I need to keep giving this little detail to God! I trust it will happen in time for travel most of the time;0)

On a final note 5 WEEKS UNTIL CHINA!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Make a small photo album of your home, beaches, parks, kids playground, schools, friends, etc. so they can see where she will be living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave Lilah's foster mom a willow tree statue of a mom and toddler. I have heard of jewellery being given too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave Lilah's caregivers cash.

    I like Paige idea though. Those willowtree ornaments are lovely.

    I also know of people who brought over maple syrup products and books of canada. I don't know how much they would care for stuff like that though? They live such a simple life and I felt that they could each do more with $20US than I could.

    Maybe I am just not sentimental enough! :)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations