Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cooking School: Nate

What have we been doing these last few days before China? Well I wanted to spend some quality time with each of the kids....and I love to cook! So I let each of the kids plan a menu and then I helped them cook it. Tonight was Nathan's night. It was so much fun! Nathan chose to make "westernize" Chinese food:0) His favourites are Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls and Fried Rice. So that's what we made.

Nathan measuring out rice.....yes we cheated, by using minute rice. However I was trying to make it as easy and successful as possible:0)

This is Nate, very proud of his finished product! It was delish, too! And miracle of all miracles all of my kids loved it!!!! That is something that rarely happens in this household:0) Oh, and yes Mom there were veggies:0) I made a tray of veggies and dip, just in case you were wondering:0)


Tomorrow night is Miss Riley's night, I will try and post her night as well as Joshy's. Nathan also chose a dessert, however we were so stuffed we couldn't even think about dessert:0)
Well 9 more days until China! We are now down to single digits!!! I am getting very excited! There is a family that blogs in Wuhan right now, so its really great to see there pictures and witness some of the things we may experience while in Addie's province. Tonight we were wondering out loud what Addison was having for breakfast! Wow! Soon we will be getting to know our sweet girl. I can hardly wait:0) Thanks to the BTDT Mom's with your advice.

3 comments:

  1. How great is that Kim, cooking with each of the children! He looks really proud of what he accomplished too. I was just scared it might slip off the plate with that angle he's holding it! ;)

    9 days... Eeek, I'm so darn excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cooking idea with kids! I think I'll try it too.
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, the sweet and sour chicken looks delicous!What a great way to get the kids involved in meal planning/making and eating. Nathan, I will have to get your recipe, as chinese food is one of Adrian's favourites!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations