Monday, June 14, 2010

Last Week

I didn't think I would have time for this post.....yet low and behold here I am:0)
We had a busy little week last week. Howard was away again and the school year is winding up for everyone.I love this time of year, yet it sure is busy! The picture below is of Joshua reading to Riley!!!! He has been so very helpful with Howard away, he even read Miss Roo a Fancy Nancy book:0) I had to take the picture, when do you see an 8 yr old boy reading Fancy Nancy to his 5 yr old sister!?!

Our next picture from the last couple weeks is a Science project for Josh....It is suppose to keep an ice cream sandwich cold. However Josh needed to add his artistic flair to the project!lol! The Pickachu kept his ice cream sandwich cold for 1+ hours and he received 11/12 on his project:0)

Playing at the park.....enough said? What is it with kids and sand? My kids could play in the sand for hours!

Nathan was a little bored! Its getting more and more difficult to find things that interest all of the kids....and I am guessing it will become more of a challenge when Addie comes home:0) Oh well, I am up for the challenge!



Riley went on a preschool field trip today....To KINDERGARTEN! How did she get that old!?! I can't believe we will be sending her off to Kindergarten in September.
Josh has been busy with end of the year festivities....this week he is looking forward to the school play day at the park and outdoor pool. He has also been invited to a reading university while we are away in China. Our Josh needs some extra help with language arts so we are excited that he has been invited to the program! And thankful my Mom is okay with driving him there.
Nathan is really maturing....a couple days ago he emailed my sister a youtube video a friend made. That made me really realize he is a preteen!!!! I know... how did that happen? Right? I remember when he was our only child and only 5lbs, now he is making videos and wanting a facebook account! I'm hoping to hold off on the latter for a while:0)
My Mom was up for the weekend again. And we had a blast! She helped me plant my front flower bed, made the yummiest fish tacos and took the kids to see Marmaduke at the theatre. Our weekend is always fun when Grandma comes!
I just called Howard and ruined his surprise.... He's coming home tonight! 3 days early! For my birthday tomorrow:0) What a wonderful Man I married! He always goes above and beyond! I sure love him. I think even more now after 11 years.
Addison.....well our file was marked urgent at immigration Canada. Then they wanted 2 more pieces of my ID notarized!!! So I sent that out late last week and have heard NOTHING!!! I am a little frustrated. We have been back in touch with our MP's office and they were going to send another fax out today to see what the timeline will be for this part 1 one of Addison's citizenship. Travel Approval (I as told by our adoption agency) not to expect it until the 24th of June. They are not worried about TA but are a little concerned about Addie's citizenship. I am a little concerned, but know that what will be will be.
So that is the modge podge we call our life in the last few days:0) Hopefully I will have good news about Addison's citizenship and TA very soon:0)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, I hope you have a great day and it is wonderful that your hubby will be home to celebrate with you.

    Life gets busy as the kids get older and I can understand the issue with how to keep them all entertained at the different ages.... it is a challenge.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, happy birthday girly! You do have a sweet husband! So do I - now and then I complain but I couldn't get better! :)

    I love Josh's science project and might I add that your Mum sounds amazing. She does. She sounds like your best friend.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations