Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fathers Day Weekend, 16 Days & Counting!


In 16 days little Miss Addie will meet myself and the most wonderful, handsome, loving, fun, encouraging Dada in the whole world:) I am so blessed to be married to Howard, as he is the most selfless parent I have ever met. He is constantly putting me and the kids before himself...so we spent this weekend loving on him and trying to put him first!


Sunday we spent having yummy brunch, coffee on the deck and fishing at the trout pond:0) I don't get it....its more work for Howard than fishing,with 3 lines in the water! Yet still he loves to take the kids fishing! Josh was the only one to catch a fish, and was quite proud of himself.


The weather around here has been nothing but fabulous and we spent as much time outdoors as possible. The boys had their fun day at the local park and outdoor swimming pool. You think I could get Riley to smile? Of course not:0)


Riley had her final day of preschool. we decided to take her on a picnic to the local water park to celebrate....she had a blast, once we talked her into it!



We also got to celebrate this Father's Day weekend with my Mom and Dad. We spent Saturday afternoon at the jet boat races on the river, and Howard and my Dad even got to go check out what was coming up for sale at the next equipment auction. Both my Mom and I were glad not to have to tag along:0) It has been so wonderful to have my parents around and we are enjoying each time they come to visit...I think I have mentioned before that we usually only see them twice a year, as they live quite a way from us. However my Dad has two contracts in our area for the next year, so we get to enjoy them!
As I said at the beginning of the post, only 16 more days until we fly out to Beijing. I have moments were it feels so surreal and others where I have a stomach full of butterflies! We are still trying to be patient as we wait for Addison's citizenship part 1....its really frustrating, as there is nothing we can physically do about it. Our MPs office said that Immigration Canada has guaranteed that we will have the approval before we travel. I thought that knowledge would ease my mind, yet it doesn't. I think I will be somewhat concerned about this little piece of paper until we have it in our possession. Our dear friends J&K also are having the same issue with this.....so at least we are not alone! And we are all praying this will be done before we travel! I was at the bank yesterday ordering our US$ and sending bank drafts to our adoption agency....does that mean its really happening? Sure feels like it! I have way over shopped for Addison, not that anyone who knows me would be surprised;) She's going to be sporting some pretty sweet outfits (if they fit) I am almost finished packing her suitcase! Yay! And will start on ours soon.
As the day creeps closer and closer, I have started to imagine what it will be like to meet our sweet little girl......its so scary to think in less than 3 weeks we will have another little person in our family! I am sure the day will be scary and wonderful, sad, joyful and overwhelming all at the same time! I have been watching some Forever Family or Gotcha Day videos on YouTube and have been blubbering like an idiot:0) I just pray that the Lord will give Howard and I the wisdom to meet Addison where she's at, and not overwhelm or scare her too much! We so want to do right by her! I love her already and have yet to meet her....how is that possible? I am curious to see if we will have a chance to meet her foster family. I have so many questions for them. My heart breaks thinking they will have to give up this little girl they have loved for 2 years. So we have been praying for them as well, and hope we will be able to give them words of comfort, if we have the chance to meet them. I hope they will get the chance to know that we will love and cherish this little girl.
I think I may post some pictures of some of the stuff we have bought and gotten as gifts for Addison in my next post. Also I think one of my favourite bloggy friends has some BIG news (hint, hint) I can't wait to hear:0) Only 3 days of school left! Yay!


2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha!!! Just you wait and see...

    Two weeks... wow! I hope you can enjoy every moment of this experience, the good and the bad. It is life changing. I can hardly wait to see Addie in your arms for good.

    Have you written a letter to the foster family? It would be nice if you could at least get them that and explain who you are and the life Addie will have with you. I wish I could've gotten an address or email for Lilah's foster family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait to see the things you've gotten for Addison and I love Riley's swim suit! :) It's so cute on her.

    Happy Fathers day to your hubby.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations