Friday, June 25, 2010

You know when.....

You know when you are planning for a trip, and your really excited, and you feel like you have lots to do? Yet it's still a little too far away? Well I'm there! I have purchased everything I think we will need/want. I have done all our banking, packed Addison's suitcase ( which was over weight and need to be re-packed) Started packing the other 2 suitcases, however we still need to wear clothes for the next 13 days.....so I stopped. I have been cleaning, but with the kids out of school I will need to do another massive cleanup a couple days before we go:0) So now what? I am trying to enjoy these last few days with my 3 wonderful kids! Howard is gone.....AGAIN!!! He was suppose to be home tonight, however plans have changed and he will gone until Thursday, Ugh! I am so ready to go, however I have told myself from the beginning that I would enjoy each step of this journey, so I will enjoy these last few days before travel. I have a question for you BTDT adoptive Mom's what's one thing you wished you would have done/known about this whole process/travelling to China?

4 comments:

  1. One thing you wished you would have done/known about this whole process/travelling to China?

    I was just talking to my husband about this and we decided it is to know that all you have to do is ask for help, and someone will be able to help you. We were really worried before going about all that *might/could* happen, but in the end our guides were so fantastic and everyone we met was so friendly and helpful to us.

    Enjoy your last few days home and cook some meals for the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I wish I had known...

    How hard it would be, even though I already loved her so intensely. How she would cry for mama and it wasn't me...

    I wish I had asked more questions... how did they get her to use the potty? Was it only a squatty potty she was used to? How did they estimate her birthdate?

    Hopefully, you will have a great group to travel with... that you can share with someone there your feelings and struggles and joys... leaning on others going through the same things can help a lot.

    Just know that even though these two weeks may be tougher than expected, it does get better and everything works out with TIME.

    So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy lots of decorations to celebrate Chinese celebrations. Lanterns and stuff. They are cheap and they are beautiful! Buy some original chinese art, also cheap and beautiful. And you'll want these for your home to bring her culture into your home. I bought about 6 and I wish I'd bought more. Oh and stock up on those sweet little Chinese dresses! ;)

    Take as many pictures as you can. These memories are her lifeline. Oh and take plenty of movies, Lilah loves to watch the movies of herself!

    One thing I will warn you and guarantee you, jetlag SUCKS! But there's no way around it! :)

    You're going to have a WONDERFUL time. I'm SO envious! I love China. Really truly love(d) it. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would allow help when I got home as well as prepare more meals ahead of time for when I got home. Jet lag is nasty!

    I'd buy more dresses for our DD.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations