Friday, October 8, 2010

Airplanes

I don't think I mentioned this to anyone when we arrived home. However last night when I was laying down with Addy at bedtime, an airplane flew over our house and she said "bump, bump, bump.... Mama's got you."
I was a little shocked! See when we were a couple hours from Vancouver on our long flight from Beijing we hit some unexpected turbulence. We had also just been served breakfast, I had a cup of hot coffee and she had orange juice we had just open, and all hot food on our trays. Plus Addison was in one of those toddler seat belts that attach to the parents seatbelt, however she freaked everytime she realized I had her belted up, so it was done up really loosely around her. And then these turbulence hit and I was taken a little off guard as I tried to tighten her seatbelt and protect her from the spilling hot coffee. I could see she was panicking and I told her " Its ok, Mama's got you." as she scrambled into my lap. I remember thinking I would never forget how she looked at me with such trust and relaxed the moment she was in my arms, however I never thought she would remember that experience. It obviously had terrified her as I remember the terrified look she had. It so amazing to me she would remember that! And recall exactly what I said to her!

Gosh I love her, she is so smart and lovely and trusting and precious! How could we have lived 2 years without her?

2 comments:

  1. That is incredible alright. Especially since she wouldn't have had a lot of English words then to grasp what you were saying. Wow! It's obvious how secure you made her feel though, what a lovely moment.

    One thing that has amazed me with children, their memories are incredible! Maybe it's just because as I am getting older, my memory get more and more rubbish!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing... they retain so much! She does sound like she is thriving in your family and yes, it is hard to imagine life without them!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations