Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Girls and I

Before Addison came home Riley and I use to have a date once a month, and we would go to Starbucks for "Coffee" and breakfast, after we dropped the boys of for school on a Friday morning. It is something we always looked forward to, just the two of us. We would go to Riley's favorite location (one looking out on Bear Creek walking trails) sometimes the trees would be full of leaves, or full of snow, or full of beautiful orange leaves. And we would find two cozy comfy chairs in the window and enjoy the view and have a lovely conversation over breakfast.

Well Riley brought up how much she missed that.....and really so have I, so I suggested that we go with Addison as well. Riley loved the idea and off we went yesterday morning. This location is usually really quiet in the morning at 9AM, you mostly see people in the drive thru or running in for coffee on their way to work, so we basically had the whole place to ourselves. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves Riley was thrilled that we got her favorite seats, and Addison loved watching the cars go by through the window, I, well I enjoyed watching my girls. Sometimes I forget to see things through their eyes. Riley was trying to "be and adult" with her legs crossed and a napkin in her lap. Addison was in awe that her hot chocolate came in a "coffee cup" just like Mom's. They were perfect little ladies. We enjoyed the beauty of all the leaves that are now mostly on the ground and talked about what we had to do that day. It was a magical little moment where both the girls got along and didn't interrupt each other for my attention. It was as close to perfect as one can hope for. I now look forward to this monthly date with my girls:)

Here are some more pictures of the girls from our sneak peek of the photo session we had a few weeks ago, I can't wait to see them all a pick a few shots for canvasses!










4 comments:

  1. That is a very special time and a great idea! I love the first two photos... you look great in that first one and Riley looks so pretty in the next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Paige on the favourite photos. Top two are simply perfect. And Lilah and I do the exact same thing (Starbucks) usually once or twice a week. It is so perfect. We've made so many amazing memories and had so many beautiful conversations over a latte and hot chocolate! I love how Lilah is currently trying to be so 'adult like' in conversation too, just like Riley. She cracks us up.

    Jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't check in for a week and you go all blog crazy on me! ;)

    So thankful to read the prgession of posts on Nathan. Praise Him!

    The photos are absolutely stunning. You can't go wrong in your choice of which to make into canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how happy Addison looks!!! The third and fourth picture captures joy on her face!!! Love them! We're getting family photos done this weekend... I'll be sure to post some of them!!! Jacob loved Halloween too! He had fun and got too much junk food!

    Hugs to you, Kim!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations